Certainly, Windows 8 is not even available, but now is the time to have a look at the embedded version of this coming Windows release.
Windows 8 delivers a whole bunch of new features that are well suited to build innovative next generation embedded devices.
In addition, the Windows Embedded team has created quite a few new features on their own.
From my perspective the most prominent are:
- Multi-touch at a new level (can you say kiosk system? )
- Metro applications
- New, sophisticated power management
- Connectivity at low power states
- New componentization model to create a clean, consistent build system
- New embedded lockdown tools and a Unified Write Filter
- Built-in, generic sensor and device support
- and many more…..
Just go to:
to download the CTP and get started!
The ramp up is quite easy, because the basic build process has not changed significantly. Enjoy the new features!